updates
FEB 10 How'dy folks! This is your friendly neighbourhood mineral welcoming you all to the site, both new and old! There are going to be some changes from Season 1 as we move into Season 2, so please bare with us here. With a new season comes new changes, such as Tokyo, JP opening up as a playable area and Japan getting it's own digital world server. Crests will also be replaced with something new, so look forward to it.

As always, any questions and concerns will be heard, and suggestions are welcomed as well. Just understand that the focus of the site cannot be lost, and so no everything will be incorporated into the mechanics and plot. Even so, go forth and plot and have fun!

Current Episodes: S: 2 E: I

roster
MEMBER GROUP M/08 F/07
DIGIDESTINED (ADV) 02 01
DIGIDESTINED (D-3) 01 00
TAMERS 03 02
SAVERS 01 02
GUARDIANS 00 00
CIVILIANS 00 00
DIGIMON 01 02

Add Reply //
New Topic //
New Poll

Your Burdens I Will Bear [Shaun], [Tag]: Shaun
Buffy Maddox
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 09:44 PM

Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
"I'm not sure if he'll ever want to see me again...not after how I left things." Buffy confessed to her older brother as they rode together, chauffeured in a family limo. It'd been two years...maybe slightly longer since she had even seen Shaun Pain. The break-up had been mutual for the most part...he seemingly understood why she had to let him go. Why she had to let EVERYONE go as a matter of fact. "This is a crappy idea."

"And there you go, slipping into that abyss." Beau rolled his eyes before reaching for his sister's hand. "Always so damn hard on yourself. You were ill and you needed to go away to get treated. Shaun of all people should be able to understand that." He then gave a reassuring smile to his sister. "Stop with the doubting. Channel that light inside and just let it shine. From the news about his loss, he just might need it. You've always had had that light that that was meant to illuminate the world out of darkness."

"...You went bingeing on Once Upon A Time again, haven't you?" Buffy scoffed. "I'm no savior."

"Maybe. And you may not be Jesus but clearly you were meant to save the world. Under all that party slut crap you pulled before, there was a girl that always wanted to. Isn't that why you got a Digimon? Destiny doesn't make mistakes. You'll make a change. But before you save the world? Go save your Ex." Beau said giving her shoulder a pat just as the Limo pulled in front of the HQ of Shaun's company. The strawberry blonde took a deep breath and kissed her brother on the cheek before stepping out of the limo. She was dressed in a white blouse, a black sheer cardigan with a pair of black capris and her feet in open toed heeled sandals that clicked against the marble floor of the building following her entrance.

"Excuse me." Buffy asked for the attention of the secretary, giving her a warm smile. "Could you call Mr. Pain and let him know he has a visitor? Tell him Elizabeth Maddox is here."

"Mr. Pain isn't accepting any visitors or calls at the moment." The secretary replied without even throwing a single glance at Buffy as she typed away on her phone. "And the wait list to see him is about a week out. I can put you down if you'd like."

"That's cute." Buffy chuckled. Of course she believed the secretary...Shaun would have his hands full but like hell was she going to be put on some wait list like a commoner. She was Elizabeth Maddox; Heiress of the Maddox Family and also the personal relationship she had with the Pains after having dated one of their sons. "You keep swiping on Tinder there. I'll see myself up." She said before making her way to the elevator. Of course the next course of action was the secretary sending one of the security guards after Buffy. A 6'5'' wall of muscle in a sleek black suit that towered over Buffy as he stepped into the elevator to grab her by the arm. The elevator doors closing just as the struggle ensued.

About a minute later, the result of the struggle would be resolved. A dig of the elevator that arrived to the floor of Shaun's office and moments later Shaun pain would be witness to one of his best guards being held in a grapple hold with arms behind the back by his petite ex girlfriend as they walked into the office. Physically it shouldn't have been possible but the glowing specks of Digi-Soul flowing off of Buffy explained it all. "Ass." She cursed, throwing the guard to the ground before stepping over him and making her way to Shaun's desk, standing before him. "Good afternoon, Shaun. It's...been awhile."

+ tagshaun pain
+ notesreunions are always so emotional
BY MITZI

--------------------
PM
^
Shaun Pain
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 11:15 AM

That was it. Shaun was done. He had finally done it. It took him an entire week with no sleep and no meals in between, but he had finally caught up on his past reports. And honestly, he didn't like them one bit.

Pain Industries was going down the shitter. Investors were signing off their contracts, going for Pain Industry's competitions instead, and the products the company was making was only getting worse. The financial support that had been built over generations was starting to crumble, and Pain Industries was close to going bankrupt.

Shaun was tired. Within a matter of two days, he had gone to several pitch meetings, face time'd over twenty different business tycoons, and wrote letters to 80 different investors all for the purpose of keeping Pain Industries afloat. There was only so much that one human could do. And, with his father's health slowly failing, Shaun's work only got more intensive.

He wanted to die. He wanted his body to suddenly fail him, and his life to be over. He was so busy with work that he couldn't even take the time to cry for the break up he experienced with Eden. Instead of releasing those emotions, they came out in other ways, such as bile that spewed from his mouth, or a fever that forced him to pass out.

Thankfully, though, now that he had finished reading the report, he could now afford an hour at most for one important thing... Sleep.

Shaun placed some papers into his desk, then allowed the sweet call of sleep to carry him away. His head slammed right on top of his desk, and he didn't even have the energy to care about how much that had hurt. As he closed his eyes and prepared for that delicious hour of glory, someone entered his office.

"... No way... Buffy?"

Shaun couldn't believe what he was seeing. Buffy had just walked in, holding one of Shaun's guards like he was a weak plaything. She threw the guard to the ground, then walked over him as if he was a rug beneath her boot.

Leave it to a queen to always make an entrance.

"God, it's the afternoon?" Shaun said to Buffy's greeting. He rose his head from his desk and rubbed his eyes. ...This was an illusion, right? There was no way that Buffy would be standing in front of him. Not after everything that had happened between them. This was just his mind playing tricks on him for what he had done. For abandoning his soon to be child and baby mama, Shaun was given the vision of his ex to remind him of yet another person who he wronged. He had to admit, he deserved to be reminded, just as he deserved this treatment right now.

The young pain heir looked at Buffy. He didn't know what to say, so he stared at her as if waiting for this beautiful illusion to suddenly disappear. At least, if he looked at her, he'd remember what she looked like before he was left alone again.

@Buffy Maddox i

This boi needs a hug
PM
^
Buffy Maddox
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 06:22 PM

That you are not alone
Looking at Shaun, Buffy was having a personal flashback to herself of nearly two years ago. The moment where she'd hit rock bottom following her own attempt on her life. After being released from the hospital, she'd sit at her vanity glaring at the glass mirror staring at her reflection. Most people saw her as an aspiration of beauty and wealth but when she looked at her reflection, she couldn't see anything but an empty shell. A husk that had all but given up on life until she had to be reminded of her youth and that she had an entire lifetime ahead of her if the universe allowed it. That same exhausted and blank look in her eyes transitioned to Shaun's. He always had a pair of gorgeous sapphire eyes but it was all too telling that the sparkle in them had dulled. That flame inside of him was almost extinguished and it was something that didn't sit well with her at all.

"Listen..." Buffy turned to the guard who was gathering himself up onto his feet as she pulled out her ID and flashed it to him. "Just give me a few with him and I'll be on my way." Although reluctant the guard did retreat and the moment that office door closed, she turned back to the other heir. Her expression was one of sheer worry. He was doing this to himself again. She'd known him too damn well that when life was eating away at Shaun, he'd pour his energy into anything else but taking care of himself. Honestly, that was another problem they'd share. Troubles were swept under the rug by distractions.

"I got back in town about a day ago. My brother told me that your family was in a rough spot and that I should come to check up on you. Clearly he was right." She moved around his desk and behind him as she reached to rest her hands on his shoulders in a comforting manner. She spared a glance down to the files before him, one of the papers of his reports peeping out and while she didn't directly read it over, she saw enough at the line charts to figure out that some portion of the company was going in the red margins. Yeah...never a good sign.

"I know this is a little jarring for me to show up without notice and I have no right to tell you what to do. For your sake, I'm going to have to insist you take my advice and cancel the rest of your day. Hell, cancel the rest of your week. You pay people to help run this company, let them handle things for a couple days while to take care of yourself. You need some rest." She sighed heavily, releasing his shoulders and moving away from his seat. "We can catch up when you're not on a verge of passing out."

+ tag@Shaun Pain
+ notesreunions are always so emotional
BY MITZI

--------------------
PM
^
Shaun Pain
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 02:37 PM

Shaun remained silent as Buffy moved around his desk. Her fingers held his shoulder, and that was when he knew... This was actually Buffy. She could touch him, which meant that she was real. She had finally come back to him.

Slowly, Shaun stood up from his seat. He didn't realize how less energy he had with him. He struggled to get up, and he shook vigorously just to stand. He hadn't kept himself in check at all, and most of his days had just featured him on autopilot. However, with Buffy here, his mind turned on, and he instantly knew what he wanted to do.

"How can I fall asleep with you right here in front of me?" he said weakly. Once he was fully standing, Shaun leaned over to Buffy and rested his cheek on her shoulder. "I'm sorry," he told her. "If I had enough energy, I'd hug you completely... But this is all I can muster."

This was like a dream for Shaun. He still remembered the number of tears he shed and the amount of worry that went through his head when she had disappeared. He could still remember how he felt like his world was crumbling and ripping apart. Luckily, he had gotten someone else to rebuild that world, but the remnants of what he and Buffy had built could never go away.

"We need to talk," he told her. "We need to... We need to catch up. You have to tell me everything that happened to you. I need to know Buffy... Right after I..." his mind trailed off. "Right after I... I work... I have to work."

Shaun pushed himself from Buffy. "I need to work. I can't stop now. I have to... I have to..."

He had to sleep. Shaun's body knew he had to sleep, which was why he could barely function now. The Pain heir tried to make it to his desk but immediately fell before he could. His body crashed to the ground. His breathing became heavy and feverish, and his eyes struggled to stay awake. Even after showing such an embarrassed state in front of his ex-girlfriend, Shaun could only mutter one set of words.

"... Work... I have to work..."

@Buffy Maddox i

Yup. I can feel the emotions.
PM
^
Buffy Maddox
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 05:01 PM

That you are not alone
"Shaun." Buffy eyed the other watching him stumble towards her. God, this was a far cry from the young man that had captivated her with his spirit and sense of adventure. Now he was borderline the walking dead as he shuffled to give her an exhausted 'half hug'. It only brought her more sorrow to see how utterly spent and miserable he seemed.

"We'll talk. I promise I'll tell you everything but right now? We need to focus on on getting you some rest." Getting him from the office went from urgent to critical as she witnessed him spill over onto the floor. "Shit!" the heiress exclaimed as she immediately moved to kneel and sit beside him. "You're sure as hell not going to continue work." She reached to pull him into her lap, letting his head rest there as her hands moved to smooth back his hair from his forehead. Her other hand moved immediately to withdraw her phone as she called 9-11 and then the front desk to notify them of Shaun's condition. Within minutes, the office had been stormed with guards and ambulances as they lifted the heir from her arms onto a stretcher and wheeled him to receive the aid he needed.

Needless to say the reunion in his office would have to be relocated. After a short trip to the hospital, Shaun had been released a few hours later on an order of a few days bed rest. Needless to say, it'd been some time since she had been to the Pain Estate. While physically nothing had changed all that much, it was telling at the atmosphere was much more somber with the Patriarch of the Pain family in not so well condition and now it's youngest son. Though at least Shaun would inevitably be fine after his body rested.

The Maddox Heiress never once left his bed side. Even as he seemed to be in a peaceful slumber, finally letting his body rejuvenate, she sat in a chair next to him finding herself being waited on by the estate staff as needed. Even then, she'd lean forward and lay her arms crossed on the edge of the bed and rest her head on them. Maybe she should have left him and and return another time but that twinge of guilt of having left before and then returning to see him in such a pitiful state...she couldn't just up and leave then. Even if they were no longer an item, she'd never turned off her heart for his well being. She had to be there for when he was awake to ensure that he would be alright.

+ tag@Shaun Pain
+ notesWakey wakey
BY MITZI

--------------------
PM
^
Shaun Pain
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 02:30 AM

Shaun's dream was vivid. He was standing in the middle of darkness, all alone and frightened. He couldn't speak or make a single sound. When he tried to call someone's name, all that came out of him was silence. Eden... Hawkmon... Reese... Aiden... These names desperately raced from his mouth, hoping to reach the ears of the people that they belonged to. However... No one responded back. No one could here him.

He was alone.

The silence became deafening. Shaun curled up to his knees and allowed the darkness to overcome him, knowing that no matter what, he was alone. He could kick and scream, or cry and beg for someone to respond or at least make a sound, but he was alone.

He would always be alone...

A few days had past. Shaun remained in his room, his body unconscious as it tried to heal itself. Eventually, he did wake.

His breathing was steady as he opened his eyes. It took him a while to catch his bearings. The last thing he remembered was that he was in his office. Buffy had just arrived, and he had half hugged her. Everything else after that was a blur. Was he in his room right now? Did he pass out right in front of his ex-girlfriend?

"God, that must've been so embarrassing!" Shaun said as he hung his head shamefully. The number 1 thing he wanted to do when he met Buffy again was put on a smile for her, try to make her laugh, and enjoy being with her. However, all he had given her was probably nothing but worry.

"I'll need to apologize to her," he said. "If I ever see her agai-"

His light blue eyes trailed around the room until they met the sight of familiar wavy auburn colored hair attached to a familiar girl that rested her head on his bed.

"Buffy...?"

She was next to him, sleeping so soundly. Shaun could call her the perfect image of sleeping beauty at this moment. She was almost like a goddess crystalized in her most flawless form. The perfect queen that always looked beautiful, no matter the situation or how she felt. The apex of everything having to do with allure and the picture of perfect art...

She looked like Buffy... And that in itself was beautiful.

Shaun could waste away his day simply staring at her, wondering if she was real, but he had a lot of questions to ask her.

When he looked towards the window of his bedroom, he could see the sunlight shine through the curtains. It was morning time. During the last moments he was awake, the time was well over morning. It was coming close to the afternoon, actually. Shaun could assume that he had been knocked out all day afterwards, but there was no telling how long it took for him to finally wake up.

It pained him to have to disturb a natural beauty like Buffy, but he really needed to talk with her. So, he lightly placed a hand on Buffy's shoulder to gently wake her from her sleep.

"Rise and shine..." he said to her to coax her awake. "It's time to wake up, Beautiful."

@Buffy Maddox

We'll just say he was asleep for a few days.
PM
^
Buffy Maddox
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 05:52 PM

That you are not alone
The days that follow dragged as the Maddox heiress found herself steeped in concern. Sure, it had already been announced that Shaun would make a full recovery after resting up. It didn't detour her from spending as much time as she could next to him, hoping to be there when he woke up. Funnily enough the case would be for Shaun to wake up to her as the strawberry blonde had passed out again in waiting for him to awake. The nudge was enough to stir her and while she groggily pulled herself out of her slumber, she figured the hand on her shoulder belonged to one of the care takers instructing that she should go home and get some rest and return later.

Her eyes slowly opened as the sun's rays hit her amber eyes just right to make them glow like gold as they focused to find themselves peering into the seductive blue of one Shaun Pain, now actually conscious once more. A groggy grunt escaped her as she slowly lifted herself from the edge of his bed and sat up straight in her seat. Her lips curled into a smile as she was glad to see she was officially okay. For NOW at least. Her concerns still laid at the possibility of him working himself ragged again. Sleep deprivation could be lethal after all.

"I was supposed to be the one waking you up." She half chuckled, moving her hand to her shoulder to grab his own to hold and squeeze in a comforting manner. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

+ tag@Shaun Pain
+ notesWakey wakey
BY MITZI

--------------------
PM
^
Shaun Pain
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 09:15 PM

The beautiful goddess opened her eyes, greeting Shaun as she slowly became aware. Her words made Shaun chuckle, and a light smile loosened on his face as she squeezed his hand. She was full of comfort. She was full of warmth. It was just how Shaun remembered her.

A sigh escaped his lips. "I think I've got enough of what I needed." he said as he slowly bent up to stretch his arm and yawn. "Yesterday must've been so hectic. Our first time meeting in a long time and you see me in that state. I must've looked awful to you, huh?"

Shaun gave Buffy a playful grin as he stood out of bed. He noticed that he was in his pajama's. The maids must've put them on for him. In his mind, all he had gotten was a day's rest. However, the truth was far more surprising than that. At least, to him, it felt like he had slept for a year. He was rejuvenated, and it seemed like he could do anything.

"Hey beautiful, you hungry? I can at least go for some breakfast. I could have the maids whip us up something."

@Buffy Maddox

Note here!!!
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply //
New Topic //
New Poll

AFFILIATES

Click HERE to affiliate with KiA!

FH Reluctant Heroes

CREDITS;; skin and CFS are by Ames of Shine.
custom board structure script is by black of CODE.
Miniprofiles by Thunderlizard of Shine.