updates
FEB 10 How'dy folks! This is your friendly neighbourhood mineral welcoming you all to the site, both new and old! There are going to be some changes from Season 1 as we move into Season 2, so please bare with us here. With a new season comes new changes, such as Tokyo, JP opening up as a playable area and Japan getting it's own digital world server. Crests will also be replaced with something new, so look forward to it.

As always, any questions and concerns will be heard, and suggestions are welcomed as well. Just understand that the focus of the site cannot be lost, and so no everything will be incorporated into the mechanics and plot. Even so, go forth and plot and have fun!

Current Episodes: S: 2 E: I

roster
MEMBER GROUP M/08 F/07
DIGIDESTINED (ADV) 02 01
DIGIDESTINED (D-3) 01 00
TAMERS 03 02
SAVERS 01 02
GUARDIANS 00 00
CIVILIANS 00 00
DIGIMON 01 02

Add Reply //
New Topic //

In Wine There's Truth [Reese], wherein remy and ree have their date
Remiel Calcifet
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 11:05 PM

Friday evenings at the Center Gai were always buzzing with an energy incomparable with little else. The beautiful thing about Tokyo, that Remiel found hard to compare to the various other metropolis he'd visited, was its deep cultural richness and its ability to truly surprise you at every turn. New York was grand and it certainly had a lot of history. Paris, too, was an absolutely lovely city filled with beauty and art at every turn. But Tokyo... Tokyo was a place of great spontaneity. Even after having visited since he was a small child (and living here for years so far), there was always a new avenue to explore with something significant or new or interesting to uncover. It was a never-ending delight to him.

One of the places he'd discovered upon one of his various excursions in the past was a small wine bar hidden in the wide alleyways of the Center Gai: a cellar run by a wizened weather-beaten Japanese gentleman known as Yusuke Toriyama. Remiel had met the man during the search for an appraisal on an expensive bottle of Bordeaux he'd unearthed from the depths of the basement in his childhood palace in Monaco. The two men had kept a correspondence since then. This was, of course, the very same place the blue-grey eyed young man intended to take his blonde date from across the pond.

After waiting a little longer than he had expected for a call, the raven-haired prince had rightly been a little… worried. He wasn’t used to being the one who was played on, after all. And he’d begun to wonder whether her interest in him had truly been a farce all along. Which, in itself, was unusual for the typically confident and easygoing inventor. The fact that he was pulling himself away from his studies at the lab and his other typical nightly activities was a testament to how much he looked forward to seeing Reese again. But, of course, he would likely never admit that. As such, when she finally called, Remiel paced himself to answer after a couple of rings and made sure they ironed out the details of where and when they were meeting.

The time? Six fifteen. The place? The Hachiko Exit by Shibuya Station. The Center Gai was right across the street from it, and Remiel could lead them from there. Seeing as how six o’ clock was perhaps a bit too early to be drinking wine, however, he had suggested that they would find something to do before then. Standing by the beloved statue of the dog Hachiko, he silently wished it wasn’t karaoke. He’d suggested it as a joke before, but… he was absolutely terrible at karaoke. And, though that was kind of the point of the whole thing, getting himself sauced enough to go up on stage and make a fool of himself to the lovely blonde wasn’t something Remiel planned to do on a first date.

Wearing a semi-formal outfit that consisted of dark blue trousers, a beige blazer, white tee, and a pair of slim brown-beige leather shoes, the spectacled young man withdrew his phone from his jacket pocket and checked some Specter reports as he waited.

calcifet rising
@Reese Lancaster firstdatejitters

--------------------
user posted image

I'm gonna be the main event
Like no king was before
I'm brushing up on looking down
I'm working on my roar
PM
^
Reese Lancaster
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 06:59 PM

i'm not going to run away anymore - it's time to turn and face my fear
DATE, YR 03

Calling last minute was what Reese did best. Of course, she did have enough respect for the man she had chasing her that she would at least give them a couple of hours to get ready. She had done her makeup, did her hair in a style which was pushed back, and held up by a fair amount of hairspray. she wore a little red dress that had a slight v-shape to it, and fit her well.

She dressed to impress on dates. Remy should consider himself lucky, she thought with a slight smirk.

She thought about him for a moment. They hadn't seen each other since the eventful day yesterday. She had time to get unpacked, and get caught up on much needed sleep. Of course, it was plagued with a bit of fear, remember the ordeal from yesterday.

None the less, she was ready. She hadn't been on a date for a little while now, it would do her good. Of course, going on a date with a stranger was always exciting, and perhaps a little nerve-racking.

She had told herself she'd be googling him endlessly, but couldn't bring herself to do it. Part of her liked the intrigue him being a mystery brought - but also, she was a little nervous to find out something bad. Something that would mean this whole date may be for nothing.

She did, however, let curiosity get the best of her as she saw she had just a couple minutes until her subway ride took her to Hachiko. Navigating Japan was a challenge when she knew next to no Japanese, but many did speak enough english to guide her around.

She put his name into google, and read the first article that came up. His wiki? He had a wiki? Either he was self-absorbed, or somewhat famous. Her eyes widened.

"Prince?" she hissed in alarm, throwing her phone back into her purse.

"Reeeeeeese," came Tadi's whine from the digimon's voice in her D-Power. Reese took it out, playing it off as a cellphone.

"Tadi - not unless there is an emergency," the blonde muttered lowly. "I'm about to go on a date with a prince - I can't distract myself!"

"Oh a prince? Well that's a step up from running away to Miami with a wanna be NFL player." Tadi chortled. Reese rolled her eyes. "I should be with you. What if you run into trouble."

"Even if I do there's a barrier here," she said to the digimon. "I can handle Rookies - and so can Remy, apparantly." she was reminded of her questions. Tadi and Reese chatted a little bit longer, before the train came to a stop. Tadi wished her human partner luck as Reese walked off the train.

She glanced around, finding a well-dressed Remy waiting for her in a tan sports coat and a pair of fitted, dark pants. He looked good when he cleaned up, Reese thought. Of course he did, he was a prince. What the heck was a Prince of Manaco doing all the way out in Japan?

Maybe he had run away from his past, or who he was. Reese could understand that maybe better than most.

She approached him, putting on her best calm and collected face, despite her racing mind. "Hey," she said, her heels clicking as she walked. She was now a little taller, though he still had several inches on her. "Here I thought Americans were the only ones that buried their noses in their phones when they were killing time," she joked lightly.

tagged @Remiel Calcifet

noteshere

+ + + + +

Reese | TadiOtama | TadiTylo | Mermai | AncientMermai

Taditail | Sanzo | Venus | Hotari | Olive

Gladi | Knight | Rhodo

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
the crest of compassion

tracker | templates | timeline | digital world outfit
PMEmail
^
Remiel Calcifet
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 12:27 AM

The click of her approaching heels alerted him first, prompting the blue-grey eyed young man to close his Specter app and look up to acknowledge the arrival of his date. He wasn't typically one to ignore somebody's words as they spoke to him, but this time he really couldn't help it. Her tease fell on deaf ears as the prince, for the first time in a long time, was left slightly dumbfounded. "You look... you look great, Reese. Ahem." He managed to utter, sliding his phone back into the crevice of his pocket as he composed himself. He was no stranger to well-dressed beauties. Not a single bit.

But he typically didn't meet them after getting off a thirteen hour flight, then see them transform so... well.

The kind of person Reese was (and the interest she drew out of him with no effort on her part) also played a defining factor into that. The same girl who had fought off a stabbing attempt and nearly broken his nose wore the look of a delicate rose in bloom like she was born to do so. But that was as far as he'd think about that, for now. "I was just checking some things. For work." He explained, offering her a small smile before looking off towards the Center Gai. "But consider it done. The time I have now is for exclusively for us. Shall we get going?" Remiel suggested, leading the way as they walked towards the crossing.

Yesterday, at that same crossing they'd been stalked in the rain by a malevolent shadow. Now, it was filled with three times as much civilians as there had been before. The petrichor rising from the wetness hung in the air pleasantly, the sun breaking through the clouds above gently. "I was thinking a stroll through the Omoide Yokocho. That's 'memory lane' translated. Or 'Piss Alley' to the locals. I know-- sounds appealing, right?" He joked, offering out his hand to grasp hers as they walked. "But I promise it doesn't deserve that nickname these days. In fact, it's the best place for street food around here." He informed his date.

calcifet rising
@Reese Lancaster prettypeople

--------------------
user posted image

Like no king was before
I'm working on my roar
PM
^
Reese Lancaster
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 05:38 PM

DATE, YR 03

Reese was generally a humble girl, one who did not like to brag, but she did enjoy a bit of admiration. Especially from a date. A male complimenting her was one way to her heart, but only if she didn't see any falseness in that admiration.

She smiled a bit at his momentary loss of cool. "You look good too. I didn't know you had fashion sense," she quipped, glancing at his jacket. It was not a jab, even if it might have sounded just a little bit like one.

They were near the same area as yesterday. She felt a momentary pang of discomfort, but didn't allow herself to show it. She walked along side him, glancing over with skepticism in her gaze at his mention of where they were going.

"Your idea of a romantic date is... a place called Piss Alley?" She reached her hand out to take his. "Fine, fine, I'll give you a chance. I could always go for some street food."

The place was packed, in some ways, it reminded her of Maimi. It was sort of comforting to the blonde, she thought, as she walked alongside him.

tagged @Remiel Calcifet

noteshere

+ + + + +

Gladi | Knight | Rhodo

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
the crest of compassion

PMEmail
^
Remiel Calcifet
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 05:13 PM

Since the moment of his birth alongside his twin brother Davignon, Remiel had grown up alongside fashion sense. It came with the whole 'being a prince' thing, really. And, although fads were a thing and there was always a new fashionista looking to change the mold, the standards remained. It wasn't hard to dress to impress. It had become second nature to the young man. Still, Reese's compliment was welcome and he took it with a small smile he hoped she was proud of.

As they crossed the street and she took his hand, the blue-grey eyed gentleman laughed when she regarded his date idea as wittingly as he had expected. They passed by the wreckage of a corner shop as he responded, eyeing the singed rubble and the rest of the minor destruction in the area. "Yeah, well... let's hope Piss Alley is still in one piece at least. Otherwise we're going to McDonalds. You don't mind the dollar menu, do you?" He said with a teasing smile, eyeing her reaction curiously.

Maneuvering through the crowds of civilians walking up and down the street afterwards, the pair continued as they approached the alley in question in the distance. But Remiel's curiosity prompted him to ask another question before they reached it. "So... I suppose you're here to investigate what occurred a couple of days ago?" He began, his fingers laced with hers as they tried not to lose track of each other in the light but active crowds of Shibuya. "But the danger has come and gone... so what's keeping you here?" He casually inquired.

calcifet rising
@Reese Lancaster destructiontour

--------------------
user posted image

Like no king was before
I'm working on my roar
PM
^
Reese Lancaster
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 10:23 PM

DATE, YR 03

"Piss Alley... McDonald's? Man, you are off to a good start, huh?" Reese thought it was rather comical, and her tone reflected that. Was this what princes were like? Was he really a prince? Maybe he edited his own wikipedia page. Reese didn't read beyond the first line. She was too intimidated after reading the first.

She found the prospect just a little exciting. When his fingers interlaced with her, she felt a certain calm. The two of them had unspoken chemistry, it made her attracted to him. She leaned in a bit closer to his arm as they walked.

She noted the fallout around them. So it seemed digimon did cause damage here. "I've seen this before," she began, thinking back to the ruined district of Tower City. "A large sector of Tower City was destroyed by a digimon." she recalled the event, though didn't really get involved until a while after.

He seemed to have caught onto her being here rather quickly.

"Well, it's a pretty long story," she began as they walked through the crumbled buildings. It was sad to see this destruction. She had wondered how many had been hurt.

"...But to keep it brief, I'm looking for some friends of mine." Kyouko and Aiden. Shaun would be here in a few days too. "Mainly because, you know, the whole save the world thing," she said nonchalantly, half-expecting anyone in Japan to be of the same mindset.

She glanced up at him as they walked. "There are digidestined here too, right? I mean someone had to stop the city from being completely destroyed." she thought aloud, looking him over from top to bottom.

tagged @Remiel Calcifet

noteshere

+ + + + +

Gladi | Knight | Rhodo

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
the crest of compassion

PMEmail
^
Remiel Calcifet
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 05:44 PM

The alley was spacious, wide enough to fit four lanes of people. A quaint collection of neon signs, Japanese lanterns, cherry blossoms, and no smoking alerts hung above them as they entered. On each side, they continually passed interesting little booths and shops that sold a variety of different cuisine. Some of them were relatively empty, while others had lines out their doors. Chimney's on top of two to three story shacks billowed smoke much like the simmering pots outside most of the shops, filling the small area with a pleasant aroma. While there was a collection of izakayas (traditional Japanese restaurants) on the other side of the over one hundred meter long alley, Remiel was curious to see if Reese was enticed by the counter-style cuisine yet. He almost always was.

Hearing her explain her reason for being here pleased him. Any doubts about her possibly being qualified for Specter were disappearing completely now. He sensed nothing but sincerity in her words. "Well, I hear saving the world is a tricky business. So better to do it with friends, of course. I hope you find them." He could help her find them, of course. But he wanted to save that tidbit for later. When she inquired after those who had jumped in to save Tokyo during its crisis, the young prince was certainly aware of the look from head-to-toe she gave him. "Oh, sure. We had people on all fronts. I was down here, though. Protecting as many people as I could. Minimizing destruction. While the Digidestined who entered the portal put the beast into a kind of stasis. For now."

As they walked hand-in-hand deeper into the alley, however, a change of subject would have to happen before they exited it completely. Remiel wasn't sure how good Reese's reading capability in Japanese was, if she had any to begin with. "What are you in the mood for?" He inquired, looking around at all the menus posted at the entrance to the stores. "The first time I came here as a kid, I let my nose guide my way." He smiled, continuing to guide her through the crowd. "It led me to a place that does the best yakitori. That's chargrilled skewered chicken. And it's 170 yen a stick, so not a bad price either." They passed a place that cooked live frog in front of you, but he figured she wouldn't want that.

The shop he had in mind, however, was a small counter-style izakaya. The center of it was all kitchen, surrounded by a counter with limited space to walk passed. But, although the space was cozy, the food options were some of the best in the alleyway.

"So, how about it?"

He'd lead her there if she said yes.

calcifet rising
@Reese Lancaster pissalley yakitori

--------------------
user posted image

Like no king was before
I'm working on my roar
PM
^
Reese Lancaster
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 08:39 PM

DATE, YR 03

There was a sense of comfort she got from hearing of the other Digidestined. To know she wasn't the only one - she and her friends - saving the world. There was a small sense of relief with that knowledge. It was the same type of relief one got when being able to share similar hardships. Reese never wished the challenges of being a digidestined on anyone, but to just know put her mind at ease a little bit.

"The beast?" Reese wondered aloud. She surmised by now, he had to be a Guardian. If he was back here by himself - no partner. What else could he have been? She knew they were capable of attacking, even in human form, she just wasn't sure which digimon that may have been.

As they continued down the spacious alleyway, Reese glanced around. She could see the food spots coming up. Of course, she didn't know a bit of Japanese. Except for "Baka", which Kyouko called her frequently enough.

She squinted a bit, as if it would help her understand. It didn't.

"Well, I'm pretty much open to anything," Reese explained. "Except for like fish eggs," she muttered with a frown. "So since you know all the good spots around here, I'll defer to your judgement. So bring on the chicken sticks!"

tagged @Remiel Calcifet

noteshere

+ + + + +

Gladi | Knight | Rhodo

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
the crest of compassion

PMEmail
^
Remiel Calcifet
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 08:11 PM

”Fish eggs is one of the few things I haven’t seen sold around here, actually. Japan just doesn’t seem to share a love for caviar like the French do.” He had to wonder whether she was intentionally referencing the fact that he was from Monaco or not with that statement, perhaps expecting someone who had French origins to treat his date to such cuisine. But Remiel honestly didn’t know a place around here that was good enough for (or even sold) caviar that met his standards anyway. Aside from that, there was salmon roe sushi… but that wasn’t nearly as prevalent a sushi as people thought it was in Japan.

”They do serve fresh frog legs, though. Are you saying you’d be alright with frog legs?” He teased, looking back at her with a smirk, then laughing at her mention of ‘chicken sticks’.

Since she had given him the proverbial wheel, Remiel was happy to continue leading the way towards the aforementioned counter-style izakaya (admittedly amused by the idea that she might actually be thinking he was leading them to frog legs). Despite arriving a little later than expected, the shop was still fairly empty and finding a place to stand by the circular counter wasn’t difficult at all. In a half hour or so, the crowds would come and fill the space behind them and to their sides all around. But, as it was, neither of them had to be touching elbows with anyone. Additionally, their semi-formal attire blended in nicely with the rest of the men and women in business suits scattered around.

The menu (mostly in Japanese) was laminated on the surface of the counter before them. But, seeing as Reese wasn’t familiar with the language or its cuisine, Remiel took the initiative to order for both of them. His Japanese rolled off his tongue as eloquently as his English did. In a way, it accentuated the dark hair and slender but toned physique he’d inherited from the genes of his Japanese mother. His eyes and facial features denoted his European heritage, and the moment he finished speaking Japanese and turned back to his date, they seemed to resurface. He rested an elbow on the counter and leaned in a little close. Partly because the sounds of the alleyway demanded it, partly because he felt comfortable enough with her to do so.

“So… I noticed you seemed a little confused earlier. About the Digimon that tore open the portal in the first place? I’d assumed the Digidestined you knew had kept you informed about it.” He spoke with sincerity in his tone, almost as if he was apologizing. Ada, in the meantime, had activated herself on the one-way holographic hud of his glasses. She was programmed to detect keywords spoken in conversation with Remiel and then promptly scan the area around them for any devices, Digimon, or suspicious individuals who might be eavesdropping.

So far, they were in the clear.
calcifet rising
@Reese Lancaster yakitori

--------------------
user posted image

Like no king was before
I'm working on my roar
PM
^
Reese Lancaster
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 09:01 PM

DATE, YR 03

Reese grimaced at the mention of frog legs. "Mm--no," she said, flatly, secretly hoping he wouldn't be leading them to such a gross-sounding food. Soon enough, they arrived to their destination, taking a standing table in the corner. The blonde looked over at the menu as Remiel looked it over.

She was happy to see that initiative. He wasted no time, in ordering for the both of them. She decided to trust his judgement on this one, being he was the expert here as compared to her. Her extent of Japanese food was Americanized sushi and hibachi grills, which she was reasonably sure had almost nothing to do with the real thing.

She leaned in a bit two, so they could clearly hear one another. Their shared closeness put her at ease - he must not have been like what she assumed any sort of prince would be like. He seemed pretty collected.

And also a little distracted she noticed. She wondered what he might have been looking at, even if it didn't seem like much. She decided to not comment on it, sipping from the waters that were brought to them.

She wasn't sure how to fully respond to his comment. She could have gone into details about everything, but that may have been too much too quickly. She had left, and after that, everyone broke apart as well. There seemed to be something going on, and all she had to go on was that Aiden was maybe in Japan somewhere. She took a moment to answer that. In part, because she wasn't even sure.

"I left after the digimon disappeared over a year ago, and came back to find everyone else had gone their own ways too," she explained. She wondered how long Remy had been what she was quite sure was a Guardian.

"And we just lost contact. I'm not sure where they are these days, but I know they're somewhere in Tokyo. Especially now that I know there is digimon activity here too," the girl explained. She couldn't come up with any real reasons as to why they were separated, though did she think she needed to explain that just yet.

"I'm flying blind right now, but it can't be too hard to find them. They tend to cause a lot of scenes," she gave a light smirk, almost in admiration for her trouble-making friends.

tagged @Remiel Calcifet

noteshere

+ + + + +

Gladi | Knight | Rhodo

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
the crest of compassion

PMEmail
^
Remiel Calcifet
 Posted: Yesterday at 04:32 pm

He'd read reports of the event in DATA's database. The Digital World had been locked off for over an entire year, along with all the Digimon that had been partnered with Digidestined. The attack Zony had orchestrated on the Server Tree with their abomination had caused a rift between the two worlds that had only recently closed back. He wondered exactly where he had been during all that chaos... Zony hadn't finished with their X-Suit program, otherwise he would have certainly had taken a stand. But no. He, instead, had almost certainly been on a cruise somewhere in the Caribbean during that time. Drinking piña coladas, windsurfing, and 'befriending' the local women.

A part of him missed the constant tomfoolery. But the bigger part of him was glad he'd finally found a goal to passionately devote his time to. The Calcifet family already had a handful with his brother, after all. The utterly reckless, tabloid-famous Prince Davignon.

Remiel noticed the light smirk that had graced the blonde's features and couldn't help but develop the same expression. "You seem like the type to dive right into trouble. Can't say I'm surprised you run with that kind of crowd." He took a sip of his water as the caterer placed a plate down to share between them, setting the first yakitori stick upon it before going back to continue cooking the others. Ada, in the meantime, seemed to have detected something... for a split-second. But then the warning disappeared.

Having reviewed the footage from last night at the café, Remiel knew of at least one Digimon that could hide under his radar. But it wouldn't dare to attack them here, no. It preferred to strike when it had its target alone, if the reports on the 'Slasher' were anything to go by. Neither he nor Reese needed to worry about that now. Although, if there was any indication that it was continuing to follow them later, he already had something in mind for it that the spectacled prince would want his stunning date to help him with.

He gestured for her to take the first stick and try the yakitori with a smile. "I've got dibs on the next one. But first let me know what you think of the chicken sticks." He chuckled. "There are different types. That one looks like negima, which is usually thigh meat skewered with pieces of leek in between." He informed, casually and gently spinning his glass of water as he watched her and amusedly waited for her critique. He was, of course, still full of questions. But he'd let her voice any of her own first if she had them, after she finished tasting the treat he'd brought her here for. The 'Zony talk' (as he had grown accustomed to labeling them as) was still lingering on his mind. Oddly enough, it seemed scarier than the prospect of the dark Digimon hunting them.

calcifet rising
@Reese Lancaster tastetest

--------------------
user posted image

Like no king was before
I'm working on my roar
PM
^
Reese Lancaster
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:07 pm

DATE, YR 03

"It's probably more accurate to say that trouble has an ability to find me," she said in almost an exasperated tone. Sure, she did dive head first into all sorts of situations... but those situations were all over. And half the time, she had no intentions of involvement. Yet there the drama was, swallowing her up like the main actress in a broadway play.

Not that she necessarily hated it.

She was soon handed the aforementioned chicken stick. She looked it over, taking in the smell. It was nice. Negima, huh? She knew she had a lot to learn about this world. She spent a minute looking it over, before taking the first bite.

She let out a low hum of enjoyment. "Not bad," she said, going in for the next bite. As she ate, she used the time to consider her next steps in their conversation. When was she going to bring up the fact he was a prince?

She couldn't very well do that, it would away the fact she wiki-stalked him. She waited for a moment, chewing as she mulled. "So you said you moved from Manaco, huh?" she asked, pointing the stick towards him. It was more playful than anything. She slid off the next piece of meat. "Why did you move to Japan?"

She had a strange sensation. A sixth sense, so to speak. Was it real? She wasn't too sure, but she did not follow it any further, at least for now. She leaned in a bit, waiting to hear his answer.

tagged @Remiel Calcifet

noteshere

+ + + + +

Gladi | Knight | Rhodo

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
the crest of compassion

PMEmail
^
Remiel Calcifet
 Posted: Yesterday at 09:26 pm

The chef had arrived with their second and third yakitori sticks as Reese proceeded to respond. The young prince took the liberty to pluck one up from the plate and devour it in appropriately sized bites as he listened. After swallowing down and savoring the first piece, Remiel took the moment thereafter to respond. "I think it's safe to say you're right. The moment a Digidestined gets their Digivice, they've either got a target painted on their back or they're expected to save either world from certain doom. I haven't met many Digidestined yet who manage to keep their heads down low with frequent success. Not without outside help, anyway." Namely, Specter.

Remiel was enjoying the second piece on his yakitori stick as Reese hummed with pleasure. And, needless to say, he was glad to see she liked the treat. He couldn't help but notice her mind was elsewhere as they chewed their respective pieces of chicken, however. Ada scanned the room again, but there was no need as the conversation shifted to another topic that (mostly) strayed away from the subject of Digimon. He nodded affirmatively when asked whether he had, in fact, moved here from Monaco. Playfully parrying her stick away with his own, he smirked as she asked her follow-up question. "Well, I have family here. From my mother's side. So I've been visiting Japan every summer since my birth." He spoke.

Taking a brief moment to take a sip of water, just as the chef laid down the last two sticks of yakitori they'd receive that night, Remiel released a refreshed 'ahh' before continuing. "But yes... I moved here almost six months ago after graduating Stanford. Got myself a job as an engineer and, well... life's been good." He took another bite of his yakitori, discarding the stick once the piece was done with and swallowed. "I try to apply everything I invent and learn towards the benefit of my cause outside of work. But, as I'm sure you know, balancing everything else in my life with Digimon isn't as easy as one would make it out to be... what do you do for work?"

| | |

Meanwhile, the Shademon from before lurked within the shadow of a stool and a man's legs on the floor below. Although its vision was partially obscured, it caught glimpses of its targets. The pompous prince and the prissy foreign girl from America. It relished the idea that neither of them knew exactly how much shit they were in now. And how much more dangerous it had become with the help of one particular human...

calcifet rising

--------------------
user posted image

Like no king was before
I'm working on my roar
PM
^
Reese Lancaster
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:48 pm

DATE, YR 03

"You're not wrong," she responded to his comment about digimon. She knew better than anyone how true that was, and it sounded like he did too. "In the end though, it's a choice. No matter what anyone says." It was something she had come to believe over the past year or so. It really was a choice, one she was actively making.

Reese ate pieces of the chicken as he spoke, keeping her attention on him.

"Oh wow, so I guess you do really know this place pretty well then, huh? This is my first time here, though I've heard bits and pieces from a friend of mine."

Somehow, it made her think of Miami. She was honestly surprised he graduated from Stanford, but she expected nothing less from a prince. Though she was surprised it wasn't Oxford, or something European.

"Why Stanford?" she asked me curiously. She smiled a bit as he mentioned his career. It was fitting.

The more time she spent looking at him, the more attractive features she could see. At first, he wasn't noticeably Japanese to her, but as she kept looking, she noticed it more. His dark hair, his frame, definitely did fit the type. Though his features and his eyes, they were of something else. European, probably. It made him an attractive young man, even if he was a bit nerdy - she decided this because he knew a lot, had thick glasses, and he was an engineer. Reese found it endearing.

"Yeah, digimon does not make it easy, that's for sure," she added, finishing off her first "chicken stick". "I'm still in school. Currently majoring in journalism, currently, but thought about moving to law. My mom always insisted I be a doctor," she had a bit of disdain in that last comment. "And my dad is a detective. He insisted I never go that route," she chuckled. In reality, the more she thought about, she could have done any of those things and been happy. But she wanted to make a difference.

tagged @Remiel Calcifet

noteshere

+ + + + +

Gladi | Knight | Rhodo

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
the crest of compassion

PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply //
New Topic //

AFFILIATES

Click HERE to affiliate with KiA!

FH Reluctant Heroes

CREDITS;; skin and CFS are by Ames of Shine.
custom board structure script is by black of CODE.
Miniprofiles by Thunderlizard of Shine.