updates
FEB 10 How'dy folks! This is your friendly neighbourhood mineral welcoming you all to the site, both new and old! There are going to be some changes from Season 1 as we move into Season 2, so please bare with us here. With a new season comes new changes, such as Tokyo, JP opening up as a playable area and Japan getting it's own digital world server. Crests will also be replaced with something new, so look forward to it.

As always, any questions and concerns will be heard, and suggestions are welcomed as well. Just understand that the focus of the site cannot be lost, and so no everything will be incorporated into the mechanics and plot. Even so, go forth and plot and have fun!

Current Episodes: S: 2 E: I

roster
MEMBER GROUP M/08 F/07
DIGIDESTINED (ADV) 02 01
DIGIDESTINED (D-3) 01 00
TAMERS 03 02
SAVERS 01 02
GUARDIANS 00 00
CIVILIANS 00 00
DIGIMON 01 02

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply //
New Topic //
New Poll

Quetzalcoatl [Esme], wherein marco meets esme perez
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 21 2018, 07:52 PM

The spray paint can rattled noisily as Marco shook it with one gloved hand, the smile on his face concealed by the face mask he wore while he worked. His deep brown hues admired his handiwork so far: a mural depicting a stupendously detailed Aztec dragon that burst forth from the bosom of a ruined city and drooled blood that seeped into the earth below and created new life. Other figures watched from the sidelines, some horrified and others in glee. Almost all of them gods. But a handful of demons and even some humans, too.

The turmoil depicted was easy when it had been churning inside him all this time, crashing against the substance of his soul like waves of salt water against a jagged cliff side. The wall had been an empty canvas in Liberty Park only hours ago. But now it was covered inch for inch, and Marco felt like a weight had truly been lifted for it. Tonight hadn't been a night dedicated to mayhem and thievery. Tonight, he'd created something beautiful. Something that, much like life itself, was ephemeral. Temporary. He took a moment to step back and soak it all in, sliding off his face mask and letting it hang around his neck. It was late. Probably time to go.

deuces lucifer
@Esme Perez mural
PM
^
Esme Perez
 Posted: May 21 2018, 08:38 PM

A deep sigh of disappointment escaped from Esme's full lips as she stood in front of the playground next to the massive smile. She had asked Elisa and Jangles to play on the slide for a few minutes while she went to go chat with a classmate for a little bit. Of course, after a few minutes of chatting with a classmate she would come back to the sight to notice that both Elisa and Jangles had managed to disappear out of her sight again. "Ugh, I cannot believe that I actually thought that those two would have stayed put for a few minutes. I swear, Elisa is going to end up being the death of me." She mumbled under her breath and shook her head as she started walking around the park in hopes of finding Elisa and her partner. She just hoped that the pair would find themselves in form of danger.

"Elisa! Where are you?" She called out loud as she continued to explore the park for the missing girl and her Digimon partner. Unlike the time she had managed to lose Elisa at the aquarium, she did not feel too panic. Perhaps, it helped knowing that Elisa was not along. The young girl had Jangles around to protect her just incase somewhat wished to cause harm to her. Esme knew that Jangles would guard and protect Elisa with his life. Therefore, that did give her a little more peace of mind. While exploring the park, Esme's piercing, azure eyes would notice the sight of a rather epic morale. From the looks of it, it was an interesting mural of an ancient dragon and group of deities of some sort. It was a disturbing yet brilliant piece of art. Esme found herself standing in front of the mural admiring its beautiful before turning her attention towards the teenage boy, who she had assumed created the masterpiece. "I assume that this is some of your work?" She asked, flashing him a warm smile as her deep azure eyes connected with his mysterious orbs for a few seconds before shying away and turning attention back towards the mural.

@Marco Jun

PM
^
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 21 2018, 09:08 PM

The young man stood with his arms crossed pensively for a little while longer, admiring his work as the paint settled into the stone. He was intrigued by it. The same way somebody who sparks a fire is intrigued to see it burn, crackle and pop. Sometimes he entered a haze of creativity that he wasn't all the conscious for in the moment. Sometimes he took some time afterwards to muse on what he had created and why, hoping to uncover some secrets or wisdom from his subconscious. And, sometimes, he was so caught up in these thoughts that he didn't notice his immediate surroundings. Namely: the young woman who stood beside him now.

I assume that this is some of your work?

He flinched in surprise and uncrossed his arms, turning towards her and holding up his hands as if preparing to block a punch. The initial surprise came out of nothing but obliviousness to his surroundings. The second, however, came from the young woman's warm smile. His surprised brown eyes connected with her hues of brilliant blue, trying to figure her out in those seconds after she'd surprised him. Why was she smiling? Did she find his shock funny? Or was she genuinely... pleased by his work? He blinked, gathering himself as he cleared his throat. He'd never shared his work... this way. He'd never hung around long enough to receive somebody else's opinion. This was definitely new for him.

"Uh, yeah..." He replied, his voice a little deep yet smooth, as he turned his eyes away from her briefly to look at his mural again. No point in denying it. He was still wearing his paint mask around his neck and the spray can bottles at his feet were a dead giveaway, after all. "I, uh... I mean... got something to say about it?" He didn't say it aggressively, of course, but he still cursed at himself mentally afterwards. The words probably came off as a bit aggressive. A bad habit from his lifetime in the hood. And, maybe, he was just a tad nervous about receiving criticism for the first time on his art. It had certainly been a very private thing for him for a very long time. But he was genuinely interested to see if this unexpected bystander had any opinions.

catch me ridin'
@Esme Perez unexpected
PM
^
Esme Perez
 Posted: May 21 2018, 09:29 PM

A slight frown touched Esme's fair face as she watched the stranger flinch a bit. She was a little surprised by his defensive stance, but soon realized that she must have startle him quite a bit. "Ah, I'm sorry. i did not mean to startle you." She stated in a soft tone, that was still loud enough for the stranger to hear her. Her azure eyes, managing to make contact with his brown ones again as she attempted to study the stranger facial expression and overall body language. There was something about him, that caused him to appear a little more rough around the edges for some reason or another.

"Mhm, of course you are responsible for this piece of art." She giggled, pointing towards his mask and paint can. "You're luckily that I am not an officer or else I would have caught you red-handed." She giggled a little more, teasing him a bit before turning her attention back towards the mural. She would place her hand against her small chin for a few seconds as she started to study the mural a little more. "Well, it is definitely an interesting piece of art. I have never seen anything like it before...It is a little disturbing, yet captivating at the same time." She stated, glancing back make eye contact with the stranger again. "Would you mind explaining the mural to me?" She asked, another warm smile touching the corners of her lips.

@Marco Jun

PM
^
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 22 2018, 12:35 AM

She pointed out his spray can bottles and was even aware of the fact that he probably wasn't doing all of this legally. Which, of course, he wasn't. But she was still... okay with that? She even giggled! Marco eyed her silently, curiosity brimming in his deep brown eyes, as she evaluated his mural once more. Who was this girl? And why was she so keen on being, well... nice?

People usually ran him off with insults or told him to stay where he was until the cops got there. No one had ever showed an interest in any of his talents. Much less understood his art well enough to have the honesty to call it a little 'disturbing' like she did. She asked for an explanation after turning to him and Marco froze for a second. He almost lingered on her smile again for a moment before turning back to the mural. He'd still been figuring out an explanation before she got there.

"Uh, well..." God, he sounded stupid. An artist who didn't have an explanation for their own art? What kind of 'artist' was he, really? He scratched the back of his head as he tried to come up with the words. 'You see, I..." The gods. The city they were coming out from. The... big dragon. The way he'd painted it, the pure chaos built up by long passionate strokes and accentuated with warm colors such as orange, yellow, and red. A sense of anger, energy, and raw brightness.

Yet... nope. He still couldn't find the adequate words for it. A little embarrassed, he came up with the easiest way to bide some time until he could come up with his own appropriate answer. "Uh... what do you think I was trying to say with this mural?" He asked back, crossing his arms and blinking a little nervously as he cast a sideways glance her way. He usually wasn't this nervous. Man, he usually didn't give a fuck at all. But this... this was different, somehow. Weird. But why?

catch me ridin'
PM
^
Esme Perez
 Posted: May 22 2018, 07:23 PM

Esme blinked her gorgeous azure eyes a few times as she waited for the stranger to explain the story behind his mural and from the looks of it, Marco seem to have been a little stomped about the true meaning behind his mural, too. Perhaps, there was not a story behind his mural. Maybe, the stranger just decided to paint a random image that had been floating around in his head or something. "So...Yeah..." She spoke softly under her breath, still waiting for him to explain the mural to her. She was hoping that he would give her an answer within the next few seconds or at least admit to her that he did not have an explanation for his masterpiece at the moment.

Esme sighed and shrugged her shoulders a bit. "I don't know...That is why I kind of asked for you explanation." She stated, glancing back over at him then turning her attention back towards the mural. "It is possible that the gods were doing something to the city that the dragon did not approve of...So the dragon decided to do something about it. It decided to destroy the city in hopes of it being recreated into something more...I don't know...meaning for both humans and gods?" She spoke, shrugging her shoulders again. She was quite confident that her statement sounded a little ludicrous and mediocre. However, he asked for her explanation and that was the best that she could come up with for now.

@Marco Jun

PM
^
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 22 2018, 07:40 PM

Despite the time he had intended to buy himself with that little question, Marco had ironically spent the time he could have used to brainstorm actually listening to the young woman explain it. She was definitely onto something. She had been earlier before, too, when she had realized the disturbed aspect to it all. Just the fact that she'd taken the time to seriously think about it and offer her idea completely shocked the LA native.

There was a silence after she'd finished talking. Mostly just Marco processing her words and still trying to understand if she was playing him or not. Eventually, however, the young brown-eyed man took notice of the awkward pause and continued. "Well, yeah... that's pretty much it. But also..." He took a slow step forward towards the wall, gently placing two of his fingers on the aztec dragon's cheek. "I kinda feel like this dragon should probably represent a person... y'know? How we've kinda become our own gods or whatever. I think the dragon was definitely fed up with the city and what it was doing to him. I think he just wanted a clean slate, to make everything better for, y'know... everyone. So he used that anger to try and do some good. And it made some of the other gods happy. But mostly..." He paused for a bit.

His hand lowered from the dragon's cheek as he took a few step backwards by the young woman's side again, gazing at his work thoughtfully. "Mostly he just pushed people away by accident. And made them sad with his temper..." In the back of his mind, he knew what he had shared was oddly personal. But how would she know that he was talking about himself? A peaceful silence filled the air after he'd spoken, the two of them just gazing at it a little longer.

catch me ridin'
@Esme Perez yknow
PM
^
Esme Perez
 Posted: May 22 2018, 08:05 PM

The awkward silence between the two of them was about to start bothering Esme a little bit. However, before she had felt like she had met her breaking point with the long pause, the stranger had decided to speak up again. A gentle smile creeping against her soft lips, once she heard Marco did her that she seem to have been on to something with her explanation of his art work. She nodded her head a couple of times as she listened to the teenager male share his interpretation of the masterpiece. Her piercing sapphire-blue eyes widening slightly as she felt herself becoming even more intrigued by his description of the art piece. "Hmm...I see...That is a profound explanation." She stated, a warm smile starting to curve against her soft lips. "I'm impressed." She added, glancing over at the stranger and allowing her eyes to connect with his eyes for a few seconds.

It did not take long for the clever, chocolate-haired female to put two and two together. "The dragon represents you, doesn't it?" She asked a soft smile forming against her lips. She did not know too much about the male, but just by giving him a quick glance over she could tell that perhaps he come from a troubled past. "Oh, I am sorry. I never introduced myself to you. I am Esme. Esme Perez." She stated, flossing him a brilliant smile while extending her hand out to him.

@Marco Jun

PM
^
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 22 2018, 08:26 PM

His earthy brown eyes met her ocean sapphire blues for a moment. She was being honest. He could tell. And that... that felt good. He wouldn't mind it if he had more people like her looking at his work and giving him their opinion. He wouldn't mind that at all. Her realization that he was the dragon depicted kind of caught him off guard, however. Even if it was kind of obvious. He laughed a little, lolling his head back and shifting his gaze up to the sky a little abashedly instead of keeping them on her. "Well, yeah, I guess. Kinda." He wouldn't admit it completely. After all, it seemed kind of selfish and much like he was tooting his own horn. But, honestly, he hadn't painted this with the intention of explaining it or showing it off in person. His murals were typically meant to leave a part of him for other people to figure out before the city repainted the wall.

Although they wouldn't notice it at first, a park cart paid for by that same city would approach from afar as the young woman introduced herself. Caught up in each other's company, however, neither of them would notice until after it parked nearby and a man with park security came out. Marco, in the meantime, locked eyes with the girl again. His hand met hers after a beat. It was almost twice as large as her own, and a little less softer. Her name was Esme Perez. He thought it was a pretty name. And he'd figured he'd seen a little Latina in her. "Marco. Marco Jun." He replied, smiling back a bit.

Before their hands could part, however, the slightly obese man in the park security uniform came out of the bushes nearby. Upon noticing Marco and the spray can bottles at his feet, the security guard's handlebar mustache furrowed angrily with his face. "Hey, you little shit! Stay right there!" He roared.

"Run!"

Out of instinct and without delay, Marco gripped Esme's hand and tugged her along to follow him as he ran away. He wasn't about to leave her to take the heat, after all. Even if she'd done nothing wrong, her whole day would be spent inside a cold security room where they served you bland water in small plastic cups and asked you questions all day while filling out forms. It wasn't her fault she'd stumbled into him spray painting. And, frankly, after giving him her honest opinion like she had... he felt like he owed her a chance to see the rest of his artwork. Esme's mind intrigued him. And she'd been the first and only person to witness the completion of his art firsthand so far. That meant something to him.

Silently, he led her through an outcrop of trees and through some bushes that led into the brief stretch of wilderness separating the park in two halves. There was a jungle gym in the distance not too far off. Marco was confident they'd lose the slow security guard by then. Still holding her hand, he looked over his shoulder at Esme a little embarrassedly. "Shit... I'm sorry. I didn't want you to get in trouble for my art, I... well, that happens a little too often." He admitted, his eyes shifting away as thoughts of his little brother flashed through his mind. Not just his art... but people tended to get in trouble with him in general.

catch me ridin'
PM
^
Esme Perez
 Posted: May 22 2018, 08:53 PM

Esme smiled and nodded her head, once Marco admitted that the dragon in the mural was a representation of him. "I knew it this is pretty deep." She admitted, turning her attention back towards the masterpiece and admiring it even more than before, now that she had had gain some knowledge regarding the amazing art work. She would move a little closer towards the painting, gently rubbing her dainty fingers against the dragon's body a couple of times, before removing her hand from the wall and placing it back down against her side.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Marco." She smiled, engaging in a friendly handshake as ocean blue eyes locked with his brown eyes for a couple of seconds before breaking eye contact with him again. "You are quite talented. Though, I am pretty sure that you probably hear that a lot coming from different people, huh?" She chuckled, before flashing another warm and friendly smile towards him.

She was about to pull her dainty hand against from his massive hand. However, she was quickly caught off guard by the security officer making his way towards them. She could start to feel her heartbeat starting to increase a bit. It was quite clear that security officer was not a huge fan of Marco nor his amazing masterpiece. "Marco! Don't ru-." She was about to encourage Marco not to runaway from the security officer. However, her words were quickly shorten once she felt Marco tugging her along with him. It felt like her heart was about to beat out of her chest, but that never stopped her from running away with Marco. She was not proud of her decision to runaway with the rebel, but she figured that she did not have a choice, but to run at this point. Especially, since the security officer would probably assumed that she had something to do with the mural, too just by being in the same area with Marco at the same time.

Luckily after a couple of minutes of running around the park, the duo had managed to lose the security officer. Esme would carefully pull her hand away from Marco's grip. "it is fine...Let's just hope that he does not find us or else we might be in trouble again." She sighed, folding her arms across her chest. "Oh, no! I was so distracted by your mural that I forgot about Elisa!" She stated, placing her dainty hand against her forehead for a few seconds. How could she forgot about the missing girl. She took out her cell phone and presented a photo that she had taken with Elisa on her phone to Marco. "Have you seen this adorable little one around here somewhere? I am supposed to be babysitting her, but she keeps running away from me for some reason."

@Marco Jun

PM
^
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 22 2018, 09:12 PM

She seemed to be taking it a lot easier than he would have imagined she would. He was glad for that. Having grown up in a family full of fiery and strong women, he knew he was especially good at making them mad without even trying sometimes. But Esme was reasonable. Probably far more reasonable than he actually deserved. He stopped when she stopped, looking back at her and unintentionally mimicking as he crossed his arms.

Standing alone in the forested area with her, Marco couldn't help but wonder if maybe she was feeling a bit uncomfortable or something. A boy being alone in the wilderness with a girl like this usually meant only a handful of things. He looked back at the jungle gym in the distance. Civilization. Then immediately turned back when he heard her express a sense of worried surprise. His usually calm eyes slightly widened in mild shock. "Elisa?" He reiterated, watching as she pulled out her cellphone and showed him a picture. Cute kid, but:

"No, I haven't."

A lousy answer. Especially after he'd dragged her into his mess. He shook his head as if he was shaking away a mistake from an etch-a-sketch tablet. "I mean, I can help you find her. If you want. Where does she usually like to play, Esme?" He inquired.

catch me ridin'
@Esme Perez hideandseek
PM
^
Esme Perez
 Posted: May 23 2018, 04:44 PM

Esme's alluring blue eyes scanned over their surroundings for a few seconds. It took her a couple of seconds to realize that Marco had lead them towards the forested area of the park and the two of them seem to have been the only ones there at the moment. Esme glanced over at Marco then back over towards the tall trees surrounding them. She had never been left alone in the woods with a male before. Let along a male that she hardly knew anything about at the time. He would have been a murder for all that she knew, but she did not get that vibe from him and for some weird reason, she felt that perhaps she could trust Marco.

Esme nodded her head, once she heard Marco repeat Elisa's name. "Yes, Elisa a little girl that I have been babysitting for a couple of months now. She is a sweet girl, but she can be a little bit of handful at times. Sometimes, I think that she enjoys making me panic from time to time." She stated with a small sign escaping from her lips towards the end of her sentence. "I have to find her before some trouble finds her." She stated, uncrossing her hands and placing them down beside her curvaceous hips.

A soft smile curved against her soft lips, once Marco stated that he would help her with finding Elisa. "Really? You are willing to help me find here?" She asked turned back towards him again. "That would be sweet of you to do." She added, flashing him another warm smile. "Well, she likes the jungle gym, but it doesn't look like she's there. She could be anywhere in the park at this point." She replied, her worried eyes connecting with Marco's eyes.

@Marco Jun

PM
^
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 23 2018, 09:10 PM

This 'Elisa' girl sounded a lot like Gael when he was a kid. Marco couldn't help but smile at the comparison, wondering what his brainiac little brother was up to right now. When Esme suggested that trouble was going to find little Elisa, however, Marco's smile faded away. "Trouble? Why would trouble find a little niña? Or... you just mean she gets into trouble?" Marco asked with a puzzled look. He couldn't imagine a sweet little girl like that making enemies of that nature, after all.

The smile that Esme wore like a ray of sunshine resurrected the small smile Marco had worn previously. "Yeah, of course I'll help you. Mama raised me right, anyway. I can't just leave with a little girl being lost like that." In addition, he felt compelled to hover around that smile of Esme's a little longer and feed it like a fire. He had a feeling she was more than just a good critic for his art. Being around her so far felt like it was incredibly good for his muse.

Mentally absorbing the information given to him, the brown-eyed youth nodded and crossed his arms, briefly looking at their surroundings. "Okay, well... how about that way?" He spoke, pointing towards the horizon where a small stone bridge could be seen above a small ravine where the park stream ran through. "Kids love water, right? Maybe she went to go see some fishes or something." He hypothesized.

catch me ridin'
@Esme Perez fishies?
PM
^
Esme Perez
 Posted: May 24 2018, 08:47 PM

A soft chuckle escaped from Esme's mouth the moment she heard Marco question her statement about trouble finding Elisa. "Well, she can sometimes find herself getting into a little bit of trouble even when she does not mean to do it." She explained to him. "Sorry, if I caused a little bit of confusion." She added with a half smile.

Esme nodded her head. "Yes. I can tell that your mother raised you right." She stated, flashing him with a wider smile. "I am starting to think that it is a good thing that we did bump into each other." She added, making eye contact with him for a short movement before shying away and turning her attention towards the jungle gym as she attempted to think of some of the other places that Elisa may had wondered off to with Jangles.

Esme quickly turned her attention away from the jungle gym, once Marco pointed towards the opposite direction. "You are a genius Marco! I almost forgot that Elisa does like to go to the pond sometimes to read. She has to be there now!" She added, a smile full of hope tugging against her lips. "C'mon! Let's go!" She spoke, reaching out to grab his hand and pulling him along towards the direction of the stone bridge.

@Marco Jun

PM
^
Marco Jun
 Posted: May 24 2018, 09:59 PM

Trouble. His little brother Gael seemed to find it easily, too. Marco completely understood and returned Esme's explanation with a deep but curt chuckle. After all, Gael wasn't the only victim of that, but Marco as well. It seemed to run in the Jun family. They were like magnets for trouble. The present situation included. "Yeah... I know a little bit about that." He softly smiled.

When Esme stated that she was happy to have bumped into him, the brown-eyed youth had to take a moment and process that. No one had ever told him they'd been happy to have met him, after all. At least, not since he was in kindergarten and Christina Moreno told him she'd been happy they'd become friends after walking off with his oso de peluche and moving away. He glanced and met eyes with her to try and rethink whether she'd actually said or meant that, but she seemed to shy away in that moment. Marco hadn't noticed his wide smile until he felt it tugging his cheeks.

Marco was flattered that she liked his idea, but he certainly didn't consider himself any kind of genius. Still, the fact that it made her nearly as happy as he would imagine she'd be once they found Elisa, well... that made him pretty happy, too. He hadn't expected her to grab his hand and tug him along towards the bridge afar. There was some traces of paint on his hand he was a little self-conscious about. After all, being an artist was a little messy. But his fingers eventually laced themselves with hers after the short and surprised pause.

He sure hoped they found Elisa there, otherwise he'd probably feel like a fool. Until then, Marco had to act on the curiosity piqued by this young woman. "You, uh... you seem like a really caring person, Esme." C'mon, man, was that it? "And I like your ideas about art." There were so many questions. Is that really it? "I, uh... I guess what I wanna say is thanks." He kept up with her as she tugged him along, his gaze only meeting with hers briefly if she looked back at him. Words were kinda hard sometimes. Especially when you wanted to compliment somebody.

catch me ridin'
@Esme Perez compliments
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply //
New Topic //
New Poll

AFFILIATES

Click HERE to affiliate with KiA!

FH Reluctant Heroes

CREDITS;; skin and CFS are by Ames of Shine.
custom board structure script is by black of CODE.
Miniprofiles by Thunderlizard of Shine.